Recreation Aotearoa are looking for article submissions for the 2021 issues of the Australasian Parks and Leisure Journal.
The journal is a print and digital medium that gives you a unique opportunity to share your stories with the multiple professions now involved in the development of park and leisure facilities in Australasia.
The print journal is distributed quarterly to core specifiers and the same edition is published digitally and is available for subscription. A quarterly enews is distributed to a broader range of allied professionals with a stake in project development.
Put together by Recreation Aotearoa and Parks & Leisure Australia, the journal reaches 10,000 highly engaged industry professionals, PLUS, the enews is distributed to the 18,000+ subscribers of the Outdoor Design Source network.
2021 Features List
24.3 Spring | Parks, Gardens and Conservation - Deadline 18 Jun 2021
- Parks and Gardens
- State and National Parks
- Water Efficiency Usage Systems
- Cemetery Open Space
- Climate Change and the Effect on our Parks Management
- Sustainable Environments
24.4 Summer | Events, Tourism and the Arts - Deadline 17 Sep 2021
- Linking Recreation and Tourism
- Cultural Events
- Economic and Social Impact of Events
- Dance Events
- Community Engagement
- Major Events
- Art Installations
25.1 Autumn | Community and Urban Planning - Deadline 10 Dec 2021
- Community and Open Space Planning
- Cycle Ways and Walkways
- Sustainable Design
- Planning for Play
- Landscape Design
- Vertical Wallls and Green Rooks
- Parkland Design
- Trends and Future Directions
- Grounds Maintenance
Reserve your space now by contacting the Recreation Aotearoa Marketing Manager.
Before submitting your article, please check it meets the below criteria:
- Feature articles are restricted to 1200 words in length.
- Please ensure the article has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided to the editor).
- The submission file must be in Microsoft Word (.doc), or PDF (.pdf) document file format.
- All images must be captioned and submitted as separate files and in .jpg .png .eps format with a minimum 300 dpi.
- Articles must include the name of the author for the by-line, and any photography credits.
- You must be a member of Recreation Aotearoa or NZCCC